Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Finding motivation

As always, you can always determine how busy life is and how on or off track I feel based on my blog posts, and this break has been no different.

Many doctors appointments, ups and downs with eating and exercise, new job with odd schedule, all lead to the blog being on the back burner.

But this got me to thinking- what many of us have trouble with is motivation. 

How many times have I thought or said If I just had enough motivation or will power something would be easy?  And it's true.  I mean, think about it.  If it were easy- we'd all do it. 

Working smarter and harder
Being more successful
Exercising more
Eating healthy and clean

We'd all do it if it were just that easy.  So why isn't it?

A lot is our habits and the way we've wired ourselves.  I believe humans are generally lazy creatures- we're always trying to find ways to do things easier.  The easier it is, the more likely to do it with the exception of basic survival.  However, thanks to technology it's easiest to sit on our couch, eat a microwave meal or freezer pizza and drink things that make us feel good instead of nourishing our bodies. 

It takes effort to get off the couch.  It takes time and planning to make a healthy meal.  It takes a whole lot of effort to be successful in a field.  How do we get this?

Well, I'll tell you I wish I had the magic.  I want the special thing that does this and I don't.   But I can tell you that when I had many of these boxes ticking well it was due to some motivational reading, podcasts, and listening.   

My advice while just trying to be the best you possible is to read, listen, and find someone who lights you on fire.  I personally love Rachel Hollis- but she's not everyone's cup of tea.  Listen and read from many and find someone who speaks to you and in you.  Find someone who can help you through the journey with advice, tips and cheer leading. 

Find a motivational speaker or book to help change your mind, which can help you move in the direction that motivates you to put forth the effort for change, and start working on the best you possible.

Blessings in Health and Happiness-

No comments:

Post a Comment